Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A year to serve Haiti...

I moved to Haiti in August on a 10 month commitment. No official contract was signed, but I gave my word to teach English at OLTCH. I also gave and am still learning to give all that I am to the Lord to do with as He pleases. I knew this was the next step in my life and I knew it would come with much sacrifice and challenge. Never could I have imagined that this decision to obey the calling God gave me for this year could come with such joy and growth. I started this blog to update friends and family on my adventure, and to journal my thoughts and experiences. I titled my blog address "ayeartoservehaiti" because I was giving my life THIS year to serve Haiti. 
Well, I am very excited to inform anyone reading this that my one-year commitment will be extended until the Lord says otherwise! I will be traveling back to the states at the very beginning of June and will return to Haiti late July. I have no doubt this is what I am called to do at this time in my life, and only God knows how long He will have me serve here. So... while my blog address remains "ayeartoservehaiti", the meaning behind it is even more significant now. It stands as a testimony to how God has given me the desire to return along with His assurance to serve in Haiti for more than just this one year. For me personally, it will also remind me to take this journey one year at a time.

At this time, I humbly ask for you to pray for me as I continue to seek the Lord and HIS heart for my life on this Earth. 
Pray for my family.
Pray for my friends.
Pray for OLTCH and everyone involved in this ministry.
Pray for Haiti and the ones God has in this country. 
Pray for this blog and that it would encourage anyone who comes across it.

At the end of my life, it is God and God alone that I stand before. I want Him to be pleased and honored by all that has been accomplished for Him and through Him in this lifetime. I want Him to tell this child, "No matter what, you followed me."










1 comment:

  1. I just knew you would end up staying longer! =) I am praying for you and am proud of you for listening to the Lord's calling in your life. I love you so much and can't wait to see you SOON!!

    ReplyDelete